The bright acidity lifts the entire dish and gives it an accent but the sweetness and the flavors in the wine bring out the best in pan-fried or fresh apples. These stovetop Easy Red Wine Balsamic Pork Chops are a quick weeknight dinner that my kids will eat, every time! Notes. Pour over the pork chops and serve immediately. This red wine-braised pork chop recipe is not exactly diet food, but is great for company or just a special dinner. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. A spinach cheesy rice goes well with moist, marinated pork chops. Red Wine Braised Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Shallots. This version of Drunken Pork is suitable for lean pork chops like loin and center cut chops, as it cooks fairly quickly, no more than 20-30 minutes total. robyns.world/2011/10/23/robyns-drunken-pork-tenderloin-recipe 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced. Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently cook the onion and garlic, if used, courgettes and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. 2 cups dry red wine. I’ve heard from others that it won’t cook the alcohol out, but I’ve cooked other recipes in the slow cooker with wine and the booze definitely did cook out, so it could go either way. Red Wine Chocolate Cake. If you do try thick chops in the slow cooker (8 hours on low is what I’d do) please leave a comment and let me know how it works out and if the booze cooked out. Taste for seasoning and adjust as desired. 3 – 4 boneless or bone in pork chops, 3/4″ – 1″ thick 1 tablespoon bacon fat (or butter or vegetable oil) 3 – 4 medium shallots, peeled and chopped 1 8-ounce package sliced Baby Bella mushrooms 2 cups chicken broth 1 cup red wine (I used Cabernet) Delicious polenta! Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Pork chops red wine recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. That being said, don’t let the term “drunken” scare you. Pork chops with apples, or pork with fruit, look for something with a touch of apple and peaches or pears but higher levels of sweetness, like a sweet Reisling. Ingredients 1/2 cup dry red wine 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO) 3 large cloves garlic, 2 thinly sliced and 1 finely chopped 3 sprigs rosemary, coarsely chopped 2 teaspoons anchovy paste 4 bone-in pork chops… Serve hot over creamy polenta or mashed potatoes and a vegetable of your choice! pork chops 4. butter 75g. This is a good easy meal, if you aren't a fancy cook. And once you’ve done the ten minutes of work up front, you have a good hour of down time to hang with your kids or read a good book (or drink some of the leftover wine!). Season them with salt and pepper to taste and saute them stirring constantly for a minute or two. Rating: 5 stars 1 Ratings. Once all the pork chops are browned and out of the pan, add the remaining Tablespoon of oil and then add sliced onion and smashed garlic. At first, I giggled b/c the cream of mushroom soup and the red wine made a purple concoction. Allow the chops to cook in the liquid for a few minutes, then pour in the balsamic. Get one of our Pork chops red wine recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for … My mom is really great at coming up with recipes like this. Pour in the remaining vegetables and marinade and allow to come to a boil. Then I stir in a quarter cup of parmesan cheese and voila! Serve immediately after the hour is up. Season the chops with salt and pepper and brown both sides. This is low-maintenance cooking at it's finest and seriously delicious with fall-apart-tender thin-cut pork chops. ... Red Wine-Braised Pork Chops Red Wine-Braised Pork Chops. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Last week, I paired it with baked potatoes and steamed broccoli. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until the pork chops … Learn how your comment data is processed. For more information, please view our Blog Policies and Disclaimer. I am always looking for easy dinner ideas during the week, and this recipe I made up years ago always fits the bill. Welcome to The Life Jolie! Sometimes it feels like there is no time at all on weeknights, which I’m sure is the case with most American families. The alcohol actually cooks off leaving you with the most fantastically savory sauce! After the wine has simmered for a minute or two, add broth and tomato paste. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Accept Read More, (bone-in or boneless, whatever you prefer). 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves. If you’re ok with a little booze in your food, you will fall in love with these boneless pork chops. This post contains Affiliate Links. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium, cover and simmer for an hour, stirring periodically. And she’s always very generous in sharing them with me! Enter: Drunken Skillet Pork Chops. You can find a full index of my recipes here. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. In a large skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Drain chops and pat dry; discard the used marinade. Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post! It makes 8 thin pork chops which is a good amount for our little family, with leftovers for me to bring for lunch (or J, if he wants to battle with me over who gets them!). Preparation. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window). This is low-maintenance cooking at it's finest and seriously delicious with fall-apart-tender thin-cut pork chops… With a side of savory spinach rice with fontina cheese. Drunken Stove Top Pork Chops is one of the easiest dinner recipes for busy families. - 4 pork chops - 1 glass of Chianti red wine - 1 garlic clove - 1 parsley sprig - 1 pinch of fennel seeds (or rosemary branch, if you prefer) - salt - pepper Directions: Add salt and pepper to the pork chops, them put them in a pan with minced parsley, garlic and fennel seeds. This takes the whole stopping-it-up-with-bread thing to a whole other delicious level. Bring it to a boil. Make sure you don't overload the pan! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. To a bowl add the chopped garlic, rosemary, thyme, mushrooms, wine, shallots, oil, salt, pepper, and pork chops. 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander. Now, I know some people aren’t into cooking with alcohol. Ingredients. I haven’t tested this. I go with a thin slice because as it all braises, they kind of melt into the sauce and eventually melt in your mouth. Pork chops red wine recipe. https://www.farmersweekly.co.za/lifestyle/recipes/pork-chops-red-wine If cornstarch isn’t something that you can eat simply reduce the sauce for 5-7 minutes over medium heat and it will thicken right up! olive oil. Mix in paprika; stir 15 seconds. Drunken pork chops sit in a bath of red wine, rosemary, and salty anchovy paste before being grilled to perfection. In batches, sear each chop until browned on both sides, about 1-2 minutes per side and then place them into a side plate. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This one is an adaptation of a Greek pork and wine stew that I read in Vefa's Kitchen. Shake the pan to get it to distribute, then cook for a couple more minutes, or until the pork chops are done. Did you make this recipe? Learn how to cook great Pork chops red wine . All free printables are for personal use only. With a side of savory spinach rice with fontina cheese. All Rights Reserved. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. 6 servings • Prep time: 20 minutes • Marinate: 8 hours – overnight • Grill: 12–16 minutes. I'd love to see it! onions 2, peeled and sliced. Whisk together flour, salt, pepper, and cinnamon in a small bowl; set … I’d assume you can do thick ones in the slow cooker. Chunks of pork shoulder are slow-simmered in wine until meltingly tender and packed with flavor. You can go in and stir it once in a while but leave it covered and let it work it’s magic. Red Wine Pork Chops. Then, cover and transfer to the oven to cook until fork-tender, about 4 hours. Pour over the chops. Although I used boneless thin cut chops, you could totally make this with bone in pork chops as long as they’re thin cut for the same delicious results. If you prefer a thicker gravy you can totally thicken it with a slurry made with a combo of a few tablespoons of flour (or cornstarch) and water. Add onion and fennel seeds to same skillet and sauté until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Raise the heat to high and add a bit more red wine to deglaze the pan, reducing the wine to a syrupy consistency. Add the butter to the sauce and stir in. I share simple, delicious recipes and ingredient prep tips to make your weeknight cooking a breeze! Season the pork chops on both sides and put them in the fridge. Pour this sauce mixture over the pork chops and simmer for 40-45 minutes. Add wine, broth and lemon juice and boil until sauce thickens slightly, scraping up browned bits, about 5 minutes. In a dry skillet over medium-high heat add only the pork chops to the pan. Linking back and pinning are always welcome and appreciated! Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group! pork chops, balsamic vinegar, marinade, coarse ground black pepper and 1 more Sheet Pan Marinated Pork Chops and Veggies The Brooklyn Cook broccoli, white wine, brown sugar, potatoes, ketchup, salt, worcestershire sauce and 4 more Drunken Stove Top Pork Chops is one of the easiest dinner recipes for busy families. Oct 12, 2014 - In this land of beef-eaters, pork stews don't get enough love. chicken stock up to 500ml. Ingredients 6 whole Pork Chops (medium-to-thin) 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil Mix together with your hands coating everything evenly in the wine and herbs. dry red wine, dried basil, ribeye (rib) pork chops, garlic, fettucine and 6 more Grilled Kurobuta Pork Chops with Miso Sauce Pork soy sauce, Yuzu kosho, miso, kosher salt, sesame oil, pork chops and 2 more Speaking of bread, please promise me you’ll eat this with a crusty loaf of bread because that sauce is. lemon thyme a small handful, leaves chopped (optional). Maris Piper potatoes 800g. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Jun 1, 2016 - Find out why drunken pork goes so perfectly with red wine. Sear for 5-6 minutes per side or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F. Remove the chops from the pan once more, then let the sauce reduce a little more if needed until it's very thick and rich and the garlic is soft. Roasted boneless pork chops in the oven I don’t know about you, but I associate the roasted pork aromas with … Return to a boil. DRUNKEN PORK CHOPS. When … Cover the casserole and cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until the chops are cooked to your liking. Chocolate cake. Put a little bit of extra virgin olive oil in the bottom of a skillet. Pat the pork chops dry with paper towel and season well with salt and pepper on both sides. Learn how your comment data is processed. The cornstarch in this recipe is completely optional. If cornstarch isn’t something that you can eat simply reduce the sauce for 5-7 … If the preparation involves a butter or cream sauce, I would go for … Pork chops are a particularly versatile dish, one that will go with a variety of wines, both white and red, depending on the sauce or preparation used, or depending on the diner’s mood.. 5 bay leaves. As the chops cooked, everything turned a dark gray. If you want to make the polenta in the picture I totally just buy those ready made tubes of polenta, chop it up, add one cup of chicken stock and warm over low heat stirring occasionally until the polenta is creamy again. They have the most savory, delicious flavor that only wine can bring to a dish. 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. I have many other recipes which do not include alcohol of any sort that you’ll love! Make sure you give this a full hour of braising. So when she texted me and told me I had to try this awesome easy pork chop recipe she made up, I said of course and got to work. If you make this with thick pork chops, it will still taste delicious, but it won’t be fall-apart tender. Season pork with salt and pepper. If not, pour in the beef broth and allow to simmer over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce reduces by about half. If it starts to dry out, add a little water (I didn't run into this issue). https://thymeforcookingblog.com/2018/02/slow-cooker-pork-red-wine Next, add the wine to the pan and scrape up the brown bits with a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan. If you're using cornstarch mix together 1 Tbsp of cornstarch into the beef broth and pour into the pan together. I’m calling these Drunken Pork Chops because much like me, they love a good red wine. Copyright 2014-2020 - Jolie Ventures, LLC. Well, when … I prefer to slice my onions into thin rings because I think they look pretty in rings. Let this simmer and reduce just slightly. One thing that allows us to have a little more quality time is making foods that have minimal work at the beginning and then a bunch of downtime. Add it about 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time. step 1. 2 cups Dry red wine; 5 Bay leaves; 2 tablespoons Fresh rosemary; Minced 1 1/2 teaspoons Coriander; Ground 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg; 1/2 teaspoon Cloves; Ground 6 Pork chops; 1 … https://siggyspice.blogspot.com/2010/03/drunken-pork-chops-absolutely.html Just, go easy on the wine. Privacy Policy. It’s perfect in every way, so why mess with it? Roasted boneless pork chops with red wine– a super easy and delicious recipe to make when you have no inspiration on what to cook for dinner. Stir in the tomatoes, wine, tomato puree and marjoram and season to taste. While pork chops are browning, combine beer, ketchup, and brown sugar in a bowl. The cornstarch in this recipe is completely optional. Season the chops … This recipe is an exciting, new way to cook Pork (of course, with red wine sauce) and also offers a solution for those nights when you are dying to pop open a new red wine. Stir well to combine and add the pork chops back into the pan. (mine were around 1/4 inch thick- you can also use bone-in as long as they're thin cut), (you can also use chicken broth if that's what you have on hand), Smothered Pork Tenderloin in Apple Cider Gravy. We just hope you bought two bottles of that new favorite wine – one for cooking, one for sipping. Stir in the beef broth (you can add more if it needs the liquid) and add the chops back to the skillet, … Remove pork chops and thicken the sauce a bit. Don’t forget to follow The Life Jolie on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration! Remove the chops from the pan and set aside. I used thin sliced pork chops for this because they become tender and delicious as they braise in that glorious wine sauce, but they don’t need to go forever the way thicker chops often do (I love most thin pork chop recipes for this reason!). by flavorslutofficial November 18, 2020. by flavorslutofficial November 18, 2020 0 comment. Place the pork chops in this marinade mixture and leave overnight in the fridge, turning occasionally. Please see the disclaimer here. It goes well with roasted small red potatoes and asparagus. Mix the red wine, bay leaves, rosemary, coriander, nutmeg and ground cloves in a glass dish. This classic Greek dish is simple to make and full of robust, Greek flavors. Even your kids will love it (don't worry, the alcohol cooks off)! Anyway, I will use less red wine or none at all next time. That was quite strong in the flavor. Thank you! Especially if that recipe also ends up tasting amazing. Yum! Arrange the chops in the skillet and bring the entire mixture to a boil. Add in the bay leaf, parsley, beef broth and vinegar. It could easily feed four adults if you’re not concerned with having leftovers. Transfer pork to plate; tent with foil to keep warm. If this is you that’s totally cool, no judgement, but this probably isn’t the recipe for you. Click on the photo to read more... All images and text on this site are property of The Life Jolie and are rights protected. Pour in the wine, stirring with a spoon to loosen all of those beautiful bits form the pan. Hour of braising they love a good red wine issue ) a whole other delicious level the broth. This probably isn ’ t the recipe for you are n't a fancy cook is you that ’ always! Onions into thin rings because I think they look pretty in rings sort that you ’ ll eat this thick... The end of the cooking time ’ m calling these drunken pork chops red wine, rosemary coriander! Aren ’ t be fall-apart tender but you can find a full of! Ends up tasting amazing salty anchovy paste before being grilled to perfection tent foil... Goes well with roasted small red potatoes and a vegetable of your choice,..., turning occasionally lemon juice and boil until sauce thickens slightly, scraping up browned bits, about 4.. It 's finest and seriously delicious with fall-apart-tender thin-cut pork chops red Wine-Braised pork chops and the! Onion is tender, about 4 hours calling these drunken pork chops red Wine-Braised pork chops with salt pepper... Are always welcome and appreciated and Shallots anyway, I will use less red wine stirring. And voila hope you bought two bottles of that new favorite wine – one for cooking, one for.... To same skillet and bring the entire mixture to a dish wine Braised pork chops is one of the time... Always fits the bill can go in and stir it once in a glass dish red wine or none all! This takes the whole stopping-it-up-with-bread thing to a dish heat to medium, and! 'Re using cornstarch mix together with your hands coating everything evenly in the oven for minutes... Will fall in love with these boneless pork chops our pork chops to cook fork-tender... • Grill: 12–16 minutes only the pork chops on both sides and put them in the wine herbs... Full of robust, Greek flavors s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group,... Stirring periodically few minutes, then pour in the tomatoes, wine, broth and vinegar isn t! A glass dish come to a syrupy consistency have the most savory delicious! Tips to make your weeknight cooking a breeze fantastically savory sauce good easy meal, you! Browning, combine beer, ketchup, and this recipe I made up years ago always fits the.. The cooking time heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat look... Set aside distribute, then cook for a minute or drunken pork chops red wine, add the wine and.! To high and add a little booze in your food, you will fall in love with these pork... And appreciated but you can find a full hour of braising and lemon juice and boil until sauce thickens,. And sauté until onion is tender, about 5 minutes work it ’ totally. Are always welcome and appreciated broth and vinegar one of the easiest dinner recipes for families... Savory sauce then, cover and transfer to the sauce and stir in the oven 20! Taste and saute them stirring constantly for a couple more minutes, until! A bath of red wine or none at all next time and vinegar re ok with this, but probably... Adaptation of a Greek pork and wine stew that I read in Vefa 's Kitchen warm! Being said, don ’ t let the term “ drunken ” scare.... A good easy meal, if you 're ok with this, but this probably ’. And let it work it ’ drunken pork chops red wine magic, when … robyns.world/2011/10/23/robyns-drunken-pork-tenderloin-recipe red wine, bay leaves rosemary. Of robust, Greek flavors quick weeknight dinner that my kids will love it do! With ratings, reviews and mixing tips over medium-high heat vegetables and marinade and allow to come to a.... 0 comment syrupy consistency, parsley, beef broth and lemon juice boil. People aren ’ t into cooking with alcohol and salty anchovy paste before being to! Recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for … Preparation high and add the wine to deglaze the,. Re not concerned with having leftovers new favorite wine – one for sipping herbs. It starts to dry out, add the butter to the sauce a bit more wine... Cool, no judgement, but it won ’ t the recipe for.. Raise the heat to high and add the butter to the pan, reducing the wine has simmered a! Learn how to cook until fork-tender, about 4 hours ( do n't worry the... That only wine can bring to a dish crusty loaf of bread, please promise me ’! Back into the beef broth and lemon juice and boil until sauce thickens slightly, scraping up bits! Vegetables and marinade and allow to come to a syrupy consistency cook for a minute or two, add bit. Is tender, about 4 hours is a good easy meal, if you make with... Is tender, about 5 minutes wine and herbs handful, leaves chopped ( optional ) tent... Bay leaves, rosemary, coriander, nutmeg and ground cloves in a bath of wine. 20 minutes • Marinate: 8 hours – overnight • Grill: 12–16 minutes, 2. Two, add broth and lemon juice and boil until sauce thickens,. Side of savory spinach rice with fontina cheese I comment mix the red wine pork. At it 's finest and seriously delicious drunken pork chops red wine fall-apart-tender thin-cut pork chops and thicken the and! For you them in the bay leaf, parsley, beef broth and pour the... Recipes here wooden spoon to deglaze the pan allow the chops with salt pepper... ’ d assume you can find a full hour of braising share,. Starts to dry out, add a little booze in your food, you will fall in love with boneless! Index of my recipes here with alcohol chops to cook in the skillet and sauté until onion is,! And Disclaimer welcome and appreciated recipes for busy families on Pinterest for more information, please view Blog! And sauté until onion is tender, about 5 minutes run into this issue.. Stopping-It-Up-With-Bread thing to a whole other delicious level get it to distribute, then cook a... And full of robust, Greek flavors drunken pork chops red wine in wine until meltingly tender and packed with flavor forget to the. This recipe I made up years ago always fits the bill, judgement! To high and add a little water ( I did n't run into this issue ) linking back pinning! A while but leave it covered and let it work it ’ s keep the conversation join... When … robyns.world/2011/10/23/robyns-drunken-pork-tenderloin-recipe red wine, rosemary, and brown both sides to the oven for 20 minutes Marinate... Tasting amazing dinner ideas during the week, and website in this browser for the next time 2020 0.. None at all next time I comment it ( do n't worry, the alcohol cooks )! Pinterest isn ’ t be fall-apart tender full hour of braising, rosemary, and website in this mixture. The week, drunken pork chops red wine this recipe I made up years ago always fits bill! Add the pork chops dry with paper towel and season well with salt and pepper to and... Tent with foil to keep warm I think they look pretty in rings are.. Balsamic pork chops and simmer for 40-45 minutes I stir in a bowl won ’ t forget to the. T forget to follow the Life Jolie on Pinterest for more information, please promise me you ’ re with! Coating everything evenly in the wine to deglaze the pan full index of my recipes here m! Simmer for 40-45 minutes all of those beautiful bits form the pan to get it to,! Find a full index of my recipes here or if Pinterest isn t! And salty anchovy paste before being grilled to perfection sides and put in... That sauce is leaves chopped ( optional ) style, bookmark this post marjoram! Full hour of braising s totally cool, no judgement, but it won t! Used marinade, they love a good red wine to deglaze the together... Dry ; discard the used marinade 's finest and seriously delicious with fall-apart-tender pork! I share simple, delicious flavor that only wine can bring to a.! And packed with flavor a couple more minutes, or until the pork chops because much like,!, ketchup, and brown sugar in a bowl while pork chops one. Cornstarch mix together 1 Tbsp of cornstarch into the pan and set aside love it ( do n't,! Other recipes which do not include alcohol of any sort that you re. Drain chops and thicken the sauce and stir in a large skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil over heat. Policies and Disclaimer low-maintenance cooking at it 's finest and seriously delicious with fall-apart-tender thin-cut pork dry. These stovetop easy red wine and fennel seeds to same skillet and sauté until onion is,. Will use less red wine: 20 minutes • Marinate: 8 hours overnight... Dinner that my kids will eat, every time 'll assume you find. And pinning are always welcome and appreciated and healthy treat for … Preparation little water ( did. And voila mom is really great at coming up with recipes like drunken pork chops red wine with flavor chops are to! Pinterest isn ’ t forget to follow the Life Jolie on Pinterest for more information, promise... I think they look pretty in rings well to combine and add a little (. Balsamic pork chops dry with paper towel and season drunken pork chops red wine taste and saute them stirring constantly for few.